spinach & turmeric broth
- A lightly flavoured oil, such as rice bran or sunflower
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled & grated or minced
- Half a bag of organic spinach, washed & finely chopped
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs peeled plum tomatoes, canned are fine, we recommend Biona or Suma
- Water from a recently boiled kettle
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and saute the garlic on a low flame to avoid burning
- Add the spinach and wilt softly in the pan, add a tablespoon of water, cover and leave for 5 minutes on a low flame and remove lid. The spinach should be completely soft and cooked through when the lid is removed.
- Add the spices, tomatoes & seasoning, stir through and simmer until warmed through
- Add as much or as little water as preferred to thin down the broth, we like ours very thin
- Serve with a dollop of organic yoghurt and a drizzle of chilli ghee. Chilli flakes and olive oil work equally well.