- 2 medium sized potatoes, good for roasting - we used Maris Pipers
- Organic butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon Sea Salt
- 3 dried red chillies
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp dried & ground pomegranate seeds (Anardana) - you can find this spice in most Indian produce shops
- Chop potatoes into rough chunks, keeping skins on. Boil with a generous pinch of salt until soft and tender, drain and allow to cool.
- Heat a glug of olive oil and a knob of butter for extra flavour, and fry the dried red chillies. Allow their skins to blister and in the heat.
- Add the potatoes and fry until crispy. Keep tossing in the pan to ensure all sides are brown.
- Sprinkle over the sea salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric and ensure the spices have coated the potatoes, cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the dried pomegranate, toss and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a dollop of thick organic yoghurt.