- A handful of pistachios, shelled & dry toasted
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Black peppercorns
- Sea Salt
- Mixed seeds, we like sunflower, pumpkin & sesame
- A pinch of whole cumin seeds, toasted in a dry pan
- A pinch of whole coriander seeds, toasted in a dry pan
- Place everything in a pestle & mortar. As the ingredients begin to blend and release their aromas & oils, pay attention to how the flavours amalgamate. Taste as you blend and channel your taste buds to ascertain what ingredients to add more of. You can play with the flavours just as you wish. We love the sweetness of the pistachios coming through and only a slight hint of ground cumin seeds. Continue to grind until the mixture forms a coarse paste.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with warm rustic bread.